Last updated: January 18, 2023
Thank you for shopping at The General Co. Store.
If, for any reason, You are not completely satisfied with a purchase We invite You to review our policy on refunds and returns.
The following terms are applicable for any products that You purchased with Us.
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
For the purposes of this Return and Refund Policy:
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to The General Co. Store.
- Goods refer to the items offered for sale on the Service.
- Orders mean a request by You to purchase Goods from Us.
- Service refers to the Website.
- Website refers to The General Co. Store, accessible from https://thegeneralcostore.com
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Your Order Cancellation Rights
You are entitled to cancel Your Order within 14 days without giving any reason for doing so.
The deadline for cancelling an Order is 14 days from the date on which You received the Goods or on which a third party you have appointed, who is not the carrier, takes possession of the product delivered.
In order to exercise Your right of cancellation, You must inform Us of your decision by means of a clear statement. You can inform us of your decision by:
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By visiting this page on our website (please enter your order number, including #, and your email address): https://thegeneralcostore.com/my-account/tickets/
We will reimburse You no later than 14 days from the day on which We receive the returned Goods. We will use the same means of payment as You used for the Order, and You will not incur any fees for such reimbursement.
Conditions for Returns
In order for the Goods to be eligible for a return, please make sure that:
- The Goods were purchased in the last 14 days
- The Goods are in the original packaging and returned in resale condition
- For ‘change of mind’ returns, we reserve the right to deduct a restocking fee of up to 20% of the the sale cost of the item. This is to cover our costs of handling and processing. A part-refund may be provided for items that are not in the original sale condition.
The following Goods cannot be returned:
- The supply of Goods made to Your specifications or clearly personalized.
- The supply of Goods which according to their nature are not suitable to be returned, deteriorate rapidly or where the date of expiry is over.
- The supply of Goods which are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygiene reasons and were unsealed after delivery.
- The supply of Goods which are, after delivery, according to their nature, inseparably mixed with other items.
We reserve the right to refuse returns of any merchandise that does not meet the above return conditions in our sole discretion.
Only regular priced Goods may be refunded. Unfortunately, Goods on sale cannot be refunded. This exclusion may not apply to You if it is not permitted by applicable law.
You are responsible for the cost and risk of returning the Goods to Us. You should send the Goods to the address given in the support ticket.
We cannot be held responsible for Goods damaged or lost in return shipment. Therefore, We recommend an insured and trackable mail service. We are unable to issue a refund without actual receipt of the Goods or proof of received return delivery.
If the Goods were marked as a gift when purchased and then shipped directly to you, You’ll receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once the returned product is received, a gift certificate will be mailed to You.
If the Goods weren’t marked as a gift when purchased, or the gift giver had the Order shipped to themselves to give it to You later, We will send the refund to the gift giver.
Upon receiving your returned Goods and verifying that they meet the conditions outlined in our Returns Policy, we will initiate the refund process. Here’s how it works:
- Refund Timeline: We will reimburse you no later than 14 days from the day on which we receive the returned Goods. This timeframe is in accordance with legal requirements and ensures that you receive your refund promptly.
- Payment Method: We will use the same means of payment as you used for the original Order. For instance, if you paid by credit card, the refund will be processed back to the same credit card. You will not incur any fees for this reimbursement.
- Restocking Fee: For ‘change of mind’ returns, please note that we reserve the right to deduct a restocking fee of up to 20% of the sale cost of the item. This fee helps cover our costs of handling and processing returned items. In some cases, a part-refund may be provided for items that are not in their original sale condition.
- Sale Items: Please be aware that only regular priced Goods are eligible for a refund. Unfortunately, Goods on sale or with special discounts cannot be refunded. However, this exclusion may not apply to you if it is prohibited by applicable law.
You are responsible for both the cost and risk associated with returning the Goods to us. Please ensure that you send the Goods to the address provided in your support ticket.
We highly recommend using an insured and trackable mail service when returning items. This precaution is essential as we cannot be held responsible for Goods that are damaged or lost during the return shipment. We are only able to issue a refund once we have received the returned Goods or have proof of the Goods being delivered back to us.
If the Goods you received were marked as a gift when purchased and were then shipped directly to you, you will receive a gift credit for the value of your return. Once we receive the returned product, we will issue a gift certificate that will be mailed to you.
However, if the Goods weren’t marked as a gift when purchased, or if the gift giver had the Order shipped to themselves to give it to you later, we will send the refund to the gift giver.
If you have any questions about our Returns and Refunds Policy, please contact us:
- By email: email@example.com
- By visiting this page on our website: https://thegeneralcostore.com/my-account/tickets/